Ogden's Christmas Village
Come and enjoy the opening of Ogden's Christmas Village at the Ben Lomond Suites, Ogden's Historic Hotel the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Wake up on the morning of the parade and walk out the hotel's doors and you are at Christmas Village and the Lights Parade. Hotel guests can watch the parade from the Crystal Ballroom if they get tired of braving the cold. Call (801) 627-1900 or click here today to reserve your hotel suite for the opening weekend of Ogden's Christmas Village, hotel rooms with views of Christmas Village and the parade go fast.
Ogden's Christmas Village is fun for children of all ages. Christmas Village is a beautiful collection of cottages and twinkle lights. The cottages are modeled after Ogden's beautiful historic buildings (there is even a Ben Lomond Suites cottage) and filled with wonderful holiday scenes. Children can tell Santa what is on their Christmas list at his cottage in the heart of Christmas Village. Santa comes to Ogden the Saturday after Thanksgiving to open Christmas Village with a beautiful light parade. Christmas Village is open until January 1.
2013 Ogden's Christmas Village Schedule of Events
- Santa Run 4:30 pm the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hundreds of runners dressed in Santa suits will make their way up and down Washington Blvd.
- Holiday Electric Light Parade 5:30 pm the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Official Christmas Village opening gala with fireworks and live entertainment at the amphitheater 6:30 pm the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Children can visit Santa in his castle Monday through Friday 6 to 9 pm and Saturdays 5 to 9 pm through Dec. 23. Pictures with Santa are just $5.
- Mrs. Claus gives tours for preschool age children Monday through Friday from 10 am to 2 pm. Schedule tours at 801-629-8720.
- Storytellers read Christmas short stories to children from 6 to 8 pm Monday through Saturday at the Stories for a Lifetime story tent.
- Local talent performs on the amphitheater stage Tuesday through Friday beginning at 6:30 pm.
- Two of Santa's reindeer will be visiting December 20 and 21 from 6 to 8 pm.
The Ben Lomond Suites, Ogden's Historic Hotel is a great place to host holiday and Christmas parties. The Crystal Ballroom and the Grandview Party Room both have great views of the twinkling lights of Ogden's Christmas Village. The hotel's event spaces easily accommodate parties of 25 to 300 guests. Enjoy the ease of have Ben Lomond Suites cater your event. Come and enjoy the holiday season with us at the Ben Lomond Suites Historic Hotel.
Ogden's Christmas Village Guest Review
Last year for the annual lighting of Christmas Village in Ogden I decided to get a room at Ben Lomond. It was so bitter cold that night and my family and grandchildren were able to watch the light parade and the fireworks that followed from the windows in our room. It was so nice! (and much warmer) After the fireworks and the crowd had gone away, we walked to the park and enjoyed the decorated villages. We came back to the hotel and had a family picture taken by the Christmas tree in the lobby by the person at the desk. The food was good the next morning, we flipped a coin to see who would get to spend the night in the hotel and who would have to leave. This year I have reserved more than one room. We will all be staying this year!Great Family Fun!
I would recommend this stay to anyone, J Tezak, Layton UT
- Website Link: Christmas Village
- Phone: 801-629-8284
2510 Washington Blvd.
Ogden, UT 84401